Sunday, April 19, 2020

Creating Happy Mail

Hi friends!  I hope you are coping well with the various restrictions throughout the world due to the coronavirus.  To give myself a distraction, I decided to make some cards to send to family and friends as a way to say thinking of you and perhaps even to brighten their day.  Here is what I have done so far.

I love this stamp set from Dina Wakley called "Good Idea."  How appropriate as I think happy mail/snail mail is always a "good idea."  Various Distress Inks were used to watercolor the images.


Some cards had the stamped image backed with papers from Lemoncraft.  Other images were simply popped up with foam tape.  Sequins were added for a touch of sparkle.  I tried to keep the cards as flat as possible for mailing. 


 My next group of cards were created with a stamp set from Penny Black and an embossing folder from Sunny Studios.  The sentiment used on all cards was heat embossed with Gold embossing powder from Recollections.
 

Can you believe that Easter, such as it was this year, was only a week ago.  One of the most difficult things to deal with is the social distancing.  Thank goodness for video chats!  We did get to see my son and his family from a distance for a few minutes on Easter Sunday.  We stood on the sidewalk and they stayed in the yard.  I cannot wait to be able to hold my grandson again and spend time as a family all together.  Here is a picture.


Thanks so much for taking time to stop by.  Comments are always appreciated especially these days!  Stay safe.  Stay healthy.  Stay home.

5 comments:

  1. Oh Patty - I'm sure these will brighten the day of anyone lucky enough to receive them - what a lovely idea to share some creative beauty around in these strange times. I love the flower motifs - they look great in all the different colours - and the little critters are so sweet. So pleased you were able to at least wave to your family across their garden on Easter Sunday!
    Take care, stay well.
    Alison x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Patty!! The days seem to be going by for me, the hardest part is remembering what day it is!! I think friday is the day that resets my week as it is rubbish bin day! hehe!! I love your cards.. each one looks lovely and I am sure they will brighten up someones day.. The little animal ones are so sweet too.. and I am sure your arms are going to love the first hold of your grandson when we are all allowed to get close again.. and thank goodness for technology.. it is great to be able to see our children and grandie and wave to speak to them this way.. thanks for your visits to my blog.. I am not sure what happened to my card, I think I have fixed it.. I reloaded it onto my blog..I have seen that symbol on a couple of blogs I have visited so I wonder if it is blogger.. perhaps there is a lot of use lately with lots of people on their computers more!!?? anyway I hope you are well and keeping busy and safe.. I seem to be busy.. with lots to do.. I have elderly parents that I do shopping for and take to doctors etc so my well gets filled up easily.. until next time... enjoy each day..

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are such beautiful cards, and I am smiling to see my little cutie tucked in there. I am looking at it in person right now, as I've got it proudly displayed right by my computer.It definitely brightened my day, and still is. You're so right, happy mail is always a good idea.
    I'm so glad restrictions are starting to ease up, and you've had a chance to visit with your family a bit again.<3

    ReplyDelete
  4. Having been one of the VERY lucky recipients of ones of these beauties, I can attest to the fact they are very pretty and so well done. This has made me very happy for a very long time! Big hugs from me to you, Patty!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ooh he's adorable ! I do love your artwork .

    ReplyDelete