Sunday, May 3, 2020

Anniversary Card Using Tim Holtz Dies

Hi friends!  I hope you are coping well with whatever phase of coronavirus restrictions you are in.  Our area of the state is still in full restrictions and will be for the foreseeable future.  The northwest corner of our state will move to the yellow phase this week as they are a less densely populated area.

In my quest for keeping my mind occupied with positive things these days, I pulled out my Tim Holtz Wildflowers and Scribbly Butterflies dies and came up with this quick and simple card.


Today is my parents' 68th wedding anniversary, so this card is for them.  The background paper is from My Favorite Things paper pad called Watercolor Wash.  I arranged a cluster of the wildflowers into a bouquet of sorts and tied a simple hemp bow at the base.  Sparkling Clear sequins from Pretty Pink Posh finished it off. 

Thank you so much for taking time to stop by.  I appreciate each comment left.  Stay safe and stay healthy!


5 comments:

  1. Hi Patty! Firstly.. Congrats to your Parents on such a wonderful milestone! That is a great thing to celebrate! Your card is beautiful.. and I love the dies you have used on your card. I love using dies and most things I create have a die or three on them... Stay safe.. although the restrictions have been lifted a little I still stayed home over the weekend.. I am being cautious about it all.. and of course there has been some foolish people who have blatantly gone about in larger numbers then is allowed.. I hope they dont blow it for the rest of us! The weather has been a little cooler so staying home has been the best thing anyway! Take care over there Patty, I hope things get better for you all really soon.. it has all been such a terrible thing to have happened... Keep well..

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's such a gorgeous card, Patty - lighter than air and exquisitely pretty with the white against those subtle, smoky, soft greens. Congratulations to your parents on their milestone celebration.
    Alison x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Patty, your card you made for your parents is so lovely! Congratulations to them on reaching such an amazing milestone, yay love! 💝

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful! Just love the natural feel to this and the soft pastel watercolor look!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I do appreciate the simplicity of this, although the stems and butterfly in white make for a very elegant card. Just how many cards did your parents get from you, anyway? 68 years is quite the milestone. My brother and sister in law live fairly close to you, and celebrated an anniversary around the time of your parent's. They had a picnic dinner to celebrate. I hope your folks got to mark the occasion in some special way.

    ReplyDelete